Prevent iTunes updating specific IOS apps?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pavinder, Sep 30, 2013.

1. pavinder macrumors member

Updates of iPhone apps through iTunes (or on the device) are a choice between either "update all" or individually clicking every single app one wants to update.

I want to prevent one or two apps from updating, but as I have over 150 apps in total don't want to have to click all the other individual buttons.

For example one app wants to do a 1.1GB update download just to resolve an IOS 5 bug! Thanks but no thanks. I want to keep using the app but I absolutely don't want this update.

Is there any way one can switch off individual apps from automatically checking for updates? Maybe a plist file can be edited or something?

2. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I do not think it is possible. Either continue clicking tons of individual downloads... or bite the bullet and just let it download.

I do not really understand the anxiety of just letting it update. 1.1GB is not that big... for most, it should only be a a few minutes of download time. Some things are just not worth fretting over.

/Jim

3. hafr macrumors 68030

You realise the app isn't going to take 1.1 GB more space than before, right?

4. pavinder thread starter macrumors member

Yes, just using that much of a monthly data limit is a waste.

5. hafr macrumors 68030

Oh, I see. I didn't realise data allotment for home connections on such a low level that 1 GB would make a difference were still being used. Well, in that case I completely understand you.