Prevent OS X calling Apple

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Аррlе, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Аррlе macrumors newbie

Аррlе

Hello.
    User of Yosemite.

I am worried about my system calling constantly to Apple. I want a completely autonomous operative system. But Yosemite has so many services turned on to be in touch with Apple. I don't want that. I don't want sync via Apple, I don't need social daemon, I don't have iPhone to accept calls, I don't need backup my mac, I don't need iCloud and everything else. I need a operative system that contacts the Internet only when I give direction for it.

Why do I need it?
    Yes, for nothing illegal. If I trash my computer, everything what is on it will disappear. I don't want that any corporation has my data, even metadata.

How to prevent OS X calling Apple, AWS and others?

2. Erdbeertorte, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016

Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

Erdbeertorte

https://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/

It's interesting to see what servers some apps try to connect when you launch them.

But if you block too much, you won't get updates anymore.

Also I would allow Safari not to block anything. And rather use extensions like tracking-/adblockers and maybe a Java Script blocker for that. If you don't do that it's really annoying to get several notifications for every website you visit.

@keysofanxiety

I think you liked my post before the first edit. Do you still like it? ;)

@Apple

Funny that your name was still available until last Sunday. :D

3. Аррlе thread starter macrumors newbie

Аррlе

Thank you.

Can Waterroof edit OS X firewall? Not only to block certain ports but also to block certain daemons.

I jumped from SL to Y and I see extremely many started items in the Activity Monitor.