Prevent OS X calling Apple

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Аррlе, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Аррlе macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2016
    User of Yosemite.

I am worried about my system calling constantly to Apple. I want a completely autonomous operative system. But Yosemite has so many services turned on to be in touch with Apple. I don't want that. I don't want sync via Apple, I don't need social daemon, I don't have iPhone to accept calls, I don't need backup my mac, I don't need iCloud and everything else. I need a operative system that contacts the Internet only when I give direction for it.

Why do I need it?
    Yes, for nothing illegal. If I trash my computer, everything what is on it will disappear. I don't want that any corporation has my data, even metadata.

How to prevent OS X calling Apple, AWS and others?
  2. Erdbeertorte, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016

Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

May 20, 2015

It's interesting to see what servers some apps try to connect when you launch them.

But if you block too much, you won't get updates anymore.

Also I would allow Safari not to block anything. And rather use extensions like tracking-/adblockers and maybe a Java Script blocker for that. If you don't do that it's really annoying to get several notifications for every website you visit.

I think you liked my post before the first edit. Do you still like it? ;)

Funny that your name was still available until last Sunday. :D
  3. Аррlе thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2016
    Thank you.

Can Waterroof edit OS X firewall? Not only to block certain ports but also to block certain daemons.

I jumped from SL to Y and I see extremely many started items in the Activity Monitor.