Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 22, 2014
USA
So I have one of the silver Apple remotes from previous generation ATVs and I want to use it for my iMac. However, because my ATV is near by, the silver remote triggers it as well as the iMac. According to Apple's website, it shouldn't be able to work with the ATV4, but it does. I can seem to find any setting either on how to prevent it from interfacing with the ATV. I have it paired to the iMac properly as well. Anyone know how to prevent this from happening?

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
It can be done, as I had a similar problem when I got my aTV4 and still had an aTV3 sat next to it, but I can't remember the exact solution. It came from Macrumors though, so have a search through the aTV forum about the time of the aTV4 launch.

Reactions: Gamer9430

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
So I have one of the silver Apple remotes from previous generation ATVs and I want to use it for my iMac. However, because my ATV is near by, the silver remote triggers it as well as the iMac. According to Apple's website, it shouldn't be able to work with the ATV4, but it does. I can seem to find any setting either on how to prevent it from interfacing with the ATV. I have it paired to the iMac properly as well. Anyone know how to prevent this from happening?
Is the ATV4 also paired to its own remote? I would think that if so it should not work at attention to any other remote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.