Prevent SMS from being deleted??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Justinb51, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

We (my wife and I) are giving my 11 year old daughter my old iPhone 4 for Christmas. We are going to use the restrictions that are in the settings, but I see no option to keep her from deleting text messages.

Does anyone know if there is any apps , jailbreak or other wise that will not allow her to delete text messages from her iPhone?

Thank you.

2. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

I like it. Make sure she is behaving. I'll be looking for options like this when my 3 year old eventually gets a cell. :)

I don't know of any solutions for you, I'm afraid.

3. Justinb51 thread starter macrumors 6502

Justinb51

Yeah we just want to be sure she is doing the right things.

4. Norinion macrumors regular

I remember a sms-logger i saw somewhere, not sure, which logs all incoming and outgoing sms, but not sure about the un-deletable sms

5. anonnymouse, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

anonnymouse macrumors regular

Set ground rules, then trust, but verify. You can presumably see numbers for all sent and received texts from your bill. If you see any numbers you don't recognize, and she has either deleted the texts or won't provide verifiable details on who it is, then away goes the phone.

My nine year old daughter has my old 3GS. I've removed the SIM and she'll be able to use it with iMessage for a couple of years, sans phone service, until enough trust has been built up that she'll follow the ground rules I've set. Maybe at 11 or 12 I'll activate a SIM for her.