Preventing Ipod Sync

Discussion in 'iPod' started by smithae2, Feb 26, 2008.

1. smithae2 macrumors newbie

My roomie has been charging her Ipod on my mac and apparently taking all of itunes via ipod sync...how can I prevent this? I'd like to keep somethings to myself...;)

2. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

If I remember correctly you can hold down the option key when plugging in an iPod to prevent it from syncing. If it's not option, it may be shift, alt, cmd, or ctrl. I can't remember off the top of my head.

3. swmr macrumors regular

swmr

Can anybody provide a definite answer? I would like to do the same thing without all the trial and error. In my case, I am putting a windows iPod onto my new MBP so all I want to do is use Senuti (for now).

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

If you want the iPod to charge but not sync you can just eject the iPod and leave it plugged into the USB.

5. swmr macrumors regular

swmr

Yep I just figured that out. I just bit the bullet and decided to sync, but it gave me that option. Took some time for me to figure out why Senuti would not work for me. If your interested, make sure that disk use is enabled. That way when you choose not to sync, you can still access the files with Senuti without iTunes trying to sync again.

6. smithae2 thread starter macrumors newbie

My roomie plugs in when I'm not here, so I can't eject it unfortunately. But my Itunes apparently erased her ipod music...so I don't know what happened. My MacBook has been acting silly.