Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meduk1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2008
Hi - I've got various network shares autoconnecting on startup controlled via the user login settings.

If one of my NAS's is turned off I get a network mount error window popping up every couple of minutes and it will never disappear. Is there any way of preventing OSX from displaying this error if the drive is not connected?

Thanks.

kave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2012
Sweden
Hi - I've got various network shares autoconnecting on startup controlled via the user login settings.

If one of my NAS's is turned off I get a network mount error window popping up every couple of minutes and it will never disappear. Is there any way of preventing OSX from displaying this error if the drive is not connected?

Thanks.

No, I would do the following instead, depending on your version of Mac OS.
10.7 to 10.8 go to Finder, Preferences, click Show Connected servers.
Now connect to your NAS, select your volume to mount.
Hide everything but the Finder. Drag the NAS volume to the right side of the dock. This way you can always connect to it quickly when you need it.
Remove it from Startup Items.

meduk1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2008
Hmmm, that works but trying to make this completely automated for the GF. Might look into different ways of mounting them, but never had any success previously.

kave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2012
Sweden
Hmmm, that works but trying to make this completely automated for the GF. Might look into different ways of mounting them, but never had any success previously.

Can it be more automatic? When she needs the NAS she just clicks it? Then it mounts itself and opens the folder for her?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.