• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

CommanderCute

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
Hi, guys,

i've been using a MacBook Pro for many years and I loved the Preview.app

Shrink pictures pixel-exactly, copy and paste parts of photos into another one, merge photos, add speech bubbles or text about pictures, insert a few arrows etc. pp.
I did this almost every day.

Now I'm on an iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard and I'm very satisfied, but I miss an app like preview.
So I don‘t need a PDF app but some kind of photo app.

What are the alternatives that can do the tasks of the preview.app I need on the iPad?

Thanks for the help. :)

CommanderCute

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
I bought Pixelmator Photo (not Pixelmator, because Pixelmator Photo is advertised as a dedicated iPad and Pixelmator got bad reviews for the latest version), maybe I‘m stupid, but I don‘t find any tool to cut out parts of on photo and copy it into another photo.

Comment

WildSky

Contributor
Apr 16, 2020
East of the sun, west of the moon
I bought Pixelmator Photo (not Pixelmator, because Pixelmator Photo is advertised as a dedicated iPad and Pixelmator got bad reviews for the latest version), maybe I‘m stupid, but I don‘t find any tool to cut out parts of on photo and copy it into another photo.
I can't help with you Pixelmator Photo, but I've done lots of photo tricks, including the functions you describe, with Pixelmator. I don't know about any bad reviews for the iPadOS version. I find it easy to use and has all the tools I'd like and more.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.