Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jipster23

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
Hey guys,

I have been using preview a lot for annotating my PDF's especially the highlighting feature.

I came across this annoying issue ->Basically, the highlights in the PDF seem to fade with with time. For instance, when I tried to open a one month old PDF file the highlights seems rather faded compared to how it was initially.

I did a google search and found that this seems to be a bug on the OS. I am running OS X 10.7.2 and can anyone please let me know if this issue has been fixed lately? or if there are any workaround solutions to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have been using preview a lot for annotating my PDF's especially the highlighting feature.

I came across this annoying issue ->Basically, the highlights in the PDF seem to fade with with time. For instance, when I tried to open a one month old PDF file the highlights seems rather faded compared to how it was initially.
Are you sure it's not that the default color for highlights has changed? They can't really fade, as they're digital.

Jipster23

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
Are you sure it's not that the default color for highlights has changed? They can't really fade, as they're digital.

Thank you for your reply. I should have attached a pic to show you what you I am referring to.

Here's an attached pic. - The first pdf on the left is a month old and the one on the right is quite recent.

To answer your question, No I did not change the default colour set. Its always been the same

I don't know whether its an issue with preview using the versions feature.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-21 at 18.02.48.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-21 at 18.02.48.png
    360.8 KB · Views: 70

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thank you for your reply. I should have attached a pic to show you what you I am referring to.

Here's an attached pic. - The first pdf on the left is a month old and the one on the right is quite recent.

To answer your question, No I did not change the default colour set. Its always been the same

I don't know whether its an issue with preview using the versions feature.
Check your color options on both. You'll find the color selected for highlights is different. Here is an example of 3 different highlight colors used on the same document:
ScreenCap 2012-04-21 at 5.57.38 PM Apr 21 .PNG
Here are the instructions for changing colors, found in Preview's Help function:
ScreenCap 2012-04-21 at 6.00.11 PM Apr 21 .PNG

Jipster23

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
Check your color options on both. You'll find the color selected for highlights is different. Here is an example of 3 different highlight colors used on the same document:
Here are the instructions for changing colors, found in Preview's Help function:

Awesome, that did the trick. I guess i might have changed the highlight colour option when i was doing the first slide.

once again, thanks for the help and I really appreciate it :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.