Preview.app resets after autosave

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aarontimo, Nov 2, 2014.

1. aarontimo macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Since updating to Yosemite, the Preview.app will jump back to the start of the document when I either save the doc or the system autosaves. For example, I might be on page 15 of a pdf and if I highlight or underline some text, about 30 seconds to a minute or two later, the screen jumps back to page 1 of the document and I have to scroll back to where I last highlighted/underlined.

Please note, preview.app only does this when I make a change to the document (i.e. highlighting) and save the document. If I just read the document, there is no issue with the page resetting. The documents are saved on my HDD, and not on iCloud.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Is this a bug?

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Aaron

P.S. I'm using MacBook Pro 2011, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Preview app Version 8.0 (859)

2. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

my guess would be disk permissions, try to fix them.

I've not experienced the same, but on the other hand I haven't used the notes inside preview on 10.10 yet, but I have used it with large PDFs for various purposes. it sounds a bit like the auto saving function that might have wrong permissions, I guess.

3. aarontimo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you dan1eln1el5en for your reply.

I tried repairing the disk permissions and the problem kept happening. It turns out that the error is caused by the Together 3 app, which is reloading the document after it has been edited externally.

The developer is now aware of the issue and hopes to rectify it in the next update.

Thanks again for your help.