preview can't save

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by moey2k2001, Sep 4, 2013.

1. moey2k2001 macrumors member

Hi there

I'm using the latest MBA with the latest up to date software. I opened a psd file in preview and wanted to save/export a copy as a jpg but for some reason I cannot. It says can't save as jpg. Also exported as a tiff and then tried to expoert it from tiff onto jpg but also denied it. Tried pdf too. I remember it being possible.

I tried on a differnt mac to export it and it somehow exported only parts of the file or i got a file that was simply with a white "picture".

File is not corrupted as I checked it many times. I could export it from photoshop but since i dont have the software on one of the macs i thought iuse this option as an alternative

Any ideas please?:confused::confused::confused:

2. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I just opened a psd file in Preview, then I duplicated it and saved it as a jpg file with no problems. Have you tried other psd files? Maybe it's a permission problem.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

There has to be something wrong with that psd file that is not allowing you to export it as a jpg. I just tried several psd files of my own and all exported to jpg's without problems using Preview. All psd's I tried where very different in size and layers. All I can think of is that something in your psd is not permitting it to work.

4. moey2k2001 thread starter macrumors member

i tried it again now.
    export as jpg and alpha box is checked (no option to uncheck it)
    when exporting the file seems to be cropped in width and loses "some colours" :confused::(

----------

exporting with pdf only makes a new file with "white" input. no pic at all.:eek:
    sharing and permission is set to read and write. weird.