Preview change in Yosemite.

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by ndpitch, Nov 10, 2014.

1. ndpitch macrumors 6502

I use preview a LOT to annotate screenshots when making notes and flashcards in dental school.

One of the most frequent tools I use is the rectangle draw, which allows you to draw a box around something. I use the shortcut of control+command+r. Up until Mavericks, when launching the tool, you were given cross hairs and you could just drag a box around whatever you wanted.

Now, when I do this, it just automatically plops a box in the middle of the image, and you have to drag it where you want it, and then drag the corners to make it the right size.

It seems minor but over the course of an entire study session, this is adding tons of unproductive time, especially when making multiple annotations on a single image.

Any thoughts or suggested work-arounds? Anyone have any other apps out there that they think might be even better for something like this? I just need something that is quick and easy to use when annotating lots of screen captures in a single sitting.

2. motivate123 macrumors newbie

What a coincidence. I'm in dental school as well. Haven't found a solution to this either.