"Preview" container appearing in iCloud Drive?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Alonso Quijano, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Alonso Quijano macrumors 6502

First, I'm not running Yosemite on any Macs. I only have iCloud Drive enabled on my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1 beta 2 and my mini running 8.0.2.

I was looking in my iCloud Drive documents with an app's iCloud picker and I came across this: notice there's a folder for a "preview" app

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Alonso Quijano thread starter macrumors 6502

3. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

I have no idea, I'm showing that also as well as blank icons for Pixelmator and TextEdit. Hell I haven't even owned a Mac since back in June so I don't know why those folders are showing in my iCloud drive. I also notice that my Keynote, Pages and Numbers documents are back. Thought they got wiped out because they aren't showing up in their respective apps.

Attached Files:

4. Alonso Quijano thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe there's hope that new apps are coming out with the new iPads next week? I wouldn't think that's likely but it's strange things like this are showing up. I don't even own a Mac.

5. bgro macrumors 6502a

These folders have been there since iOS8 was released (at least for me). They've also appeared in my iCloud Drive folder on iCloud.com since iOS was released. Probably will go live with something with the Yosemite release.

6. bgro macrumors 6502a

These folders have been there since iOS8 was released (at least for me). They've also appeared in my iCloud Drive folder on iCloud.com since iOS was released. Probably will go live with something with the Yosemite release.