preview cut off pdf

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hehe299792458, Feb 24, 2009.

1. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

if I try to print a pdf document using preview, it always cuts off parts of the document on the edges. For instance, I never get pages numbers located at the bottom (or it prints only the top half of the number). This happens for the left, right, and top margins too. Adobe PDF viewer prints documents fine. Are there settings in preview I can tweak to fix this? Thanks

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You must do a proper Print Setup... of your document. You must also properly set your document's margins.

3. hehe299792458 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

could you be more specific? I'm sure this is a stupid question... I just moved to OS X. Here's a screenshot of the print window.

Attached Files:

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It sounds like you're trying to do something like print an A4 sheet onto US 8.5x11 paper.

You might be having trouble because OS X takes Firefox and not Preview/Quicktime to be the printing program, and so you don't have shrink to fit options. If you save the file and open it from Finder, does Preview let it print correctly?

If so, I'm not sure there'll be anything you can do to get it to print inside Firefox. You could try a different plugin for viewing PDFs in Firefox, but that's about it.

5. kent.phelps macrumors newbie

preview cut off pdf

Change the Paper Size from US Letter to Borderless 8.5 x 11 in

6. lun macrumors newbie