Preview doesn't close out open files when you CMD + Q in Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DramaLLama, Dec 26, 2011.

1. DramaLLama macrumors 6502

So in Lion.. when you quit Preview, it'll save the files you have open (sometimes many open on the screen) and next time when you open Preview it'll open every single file again.. how do you revert this to close all files/windows when you quit the app?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

It's not an app specific feature unfortunately, but System Preferences > General > un-tick "Restore windows etc etc" And that will stop it, but it'll also stop it for all other apps too.

I do CMD+W on any documents before CMD+Q, it's a slight annoyance, but I only have it with Preview, so I don't mind.

3. DramaLLama thread starter macrumors 6502

Well now that you mention that option in the settings.. I have to think if I need it ticked or not..

Lion has been a downgrade for me so far..

4. simsaladimbamba

You can always revert back to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, if your hardware supports it.

5. DramaLLama thread starter macrumors 6502

How do I do that? I bought my 2011 MBP with Snow Leopard on it.. just recently updated to Lion.

6. simsaladimbamba

Backup all your important data to an external HDD via Time Machine or CarbonCopyCloner, then use the grey Restore DVD 1 to do a Clean Install.

To create a Clean Install (formerly known as Erase & Install) of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (the 29 USD Upgrade DVD is a fully working retail version of Mac OS X and does not need a prior installation of Mac OS X on the Mac), follow one of the following guides:
    Short version: Clean Install of OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
    Long version: Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard: How to Erase and Install