Preview EXIF no longer shows ISO with Nikon Files please help.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by snerkler, Feb 7, 2016.

1. snerkler macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Since I upgraded to El Capitan last week if I open up an exported Nikon D750 file from Lightroom the preview EXIF no longer shows the ISO value for some reason, which is a bit frustrating. The ISO value is still displayed on my Olympus EM5-II and Sony RX100-III files though. Does anyone know why this is and if there's a solution? If I open up the Nikon RAW files the ISO value is there.

Another strange thing is that when I open up the exported Nikon files in preview there's a slight stutter too, again no issue with the Olympus or Sony files.

Any help appreciated.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

What are you using to "open up" the files?

And what is the "preview exif" as compared to regular exif info?

3. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the reply. I use preview that's built into Mac OS and so when I said Preview EXIF I just meant the EXIF that's displayed when you choose info when viewing an image in preview.

4. JohnDS macrumors 65816

Look in the EXIF for "Photographic Sensitivity". That should be the ISO.

5. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, as I said that's missing since updating to El Capitan. Present for my Sony and Olympus, but not my Nikon. Done a bit more research into it and it looks like other Nikon users have found the same. I'd send apple some feedback on it but I can't find the link to the feedback submission form.

6. Hughmac macrumors demi-god

Hughmac

That's strange; I know it's of little use to you but Preview in my El Capitan shows ISO in the EXIF tab for both Nikon D300 and Coolpix P6000 files, and the photos I looked at were taken after upgrading from Mavericks.

However I don't use Lightroom - I'm still using PhotoShop CS4.

Cheers :)

Hugh