Preview help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MaulRx, Oct 23, 2013.

1. MaulRx Suspended

I need some help, maybe someone has had this problem. Up until yesterday Preview was able to handle all my pdfs, some over 1GB. Since installing Mavericks it crashes when I try to save or close the PDF. I did a clean install same problem, I did a clean install of Mountain Lion and same problem. Worked perfectly up until I tried Mavericks. Any ideas?

2. Johnchapin macrumors member

Losing Original Photos

While we're at it, is there any way to keep Preview with Mountain Lion from deleting original photos when editing them? The old "Save As" option has disappeared. Very annoying because I have to go back to my camera to get the original again.

Yes I know, I should back them up, but I often edit right after downloading off the camera. And yes I know, I should get a better photo editor, but I haven't found any editor that looks really good. Though they do claim to save your originals.

Also, about 1/4 of the time an edited multi MB photo shows up as 250+ KB in Finder and displays nothing but a white image.

It's hard to believe these problems didn't show up in beta testing and weren't addressed after all this time.

Does a version of Preview travel with the OS? If I go back to Snow Leopard, will I also get the old version of Preview?

Call me grouchy old Luddite :(:(