Preview Images Like Windows Image and Fax Viewer

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RZetlin, Sep 8, 2007.

1. RZetlin macrumors regular

RZetlin

Mac OS X has it's own preview app, but I find it limited compared to the Windows Image and Fax Viewer.

With Mac OS X Preview, I cannot see the next image using the arrow keys like Windows Image and Fax Viewer.

Is there a way to do this with Mac OS X?

2. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

It's called iPhoto.

Preview is not an image browser - it just opens individual image files and PDF files.

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

If you select all the images you are interested in viewing, in the Finder you can right-click and from the contextual menu select Slideshow or you can select Open with...>Preview. Those may give you more flexible options than pulling the images into iPhoto.

4. RZetlin thread starter macrumors regular

RZetlin

The problem I have with iPhoto is I have to manually import the images into the app itself.

Anyway I found the app that would do the trick for me.

Xee 2.0.

5. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    To clarify for everyone, are you talking about photos taken by family (i.e. of relatives, vacations, etc.) or PDFs or photos you don't need to hang on to (i.e. of a job site, etc.)?

6. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

I know what your after, I felt the same using Preview, I now use JustLooking a free image viewing app, arrows to skip to next image and slideshow, simple and hassle free.

7. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

I just downloaded JustLooking 3.0 and I just wanted to say, freaking excellent. Much better than Xee.