Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kristoffers4

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2009
Hi,

I've installed OS X Lion DP 4 on my 2011 MBP today, not without any problems, but eventually it worked. But I've stumbled onto some issues. First of all gfxcardstatus doesn't work quite well, but the developer will probably resolve that issue, but the biggest issue for me is that Preview doesn't work for video's while it does work for mp3's. Something weird... I

And everytime I boot I get a weird glitchy screen and every time I disconnect my secondary monitor (iMac) my background disappears, but I guess these are related to the AMD GPU.

Has anyone had these same issues?

Last edited:

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Hi,

I've installed OS X Lion DP 4 on my 2011 MBP today, not without any problems, but eventually it worked. But I've stumbled onto some issues. First of all gfxcardstatus doesn't work quite well, but the developer will probably resolve that issue, but the biggest issue for me is that Preview doesn't work for video's while it does work for mp3's. Something weird... I have recorded that, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHpsL3Cl6wI

I also have another problem but I didn't record that. Everytime I boot I get a weird glitchy screen and every time I disconnect my secondary monitor (iMac) my background disappears, but I guess these are related to the AMD GPU.

Are the video problems only .AVI ? How do they play in VLC?

evonietzsche

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2010
Hi, i`m trying DP4 on a MBP 2011 13" and after rebooting im totally stuck at the spinning ball down the apple icon and then freeze.Seems theres a problem with the new mbp but if you could.

What now¿?

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Hi,

I've installed OS X Lion DP 4 on my 2011 MBP today, not without any problems, but eventually it worked. But I've stumbled onto some issues. First of all gfxcardstatus doesn't work quite well, but the developer will probably resolve that issue, but the biggest issue for me is that Preview doesn't work for video's while it does work for mp3's. Something weird... I have recorded that, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHpsL3Cl6wI

I also have another problem but I didn't record that. Everytime I boot I get a weird glitchy screen and every time I disconnect my secondary monitor (iMac) my background disappears, but I guess these are related to the AMD GPU.

I get the weird screen thing when you boot up, I had it in Dev 3 too.
I did file a report though. So hopefully, it'll be fixed soon! I think it's something to do with the new login screen.

Edit: I'm running the new 2011 MacBook Pro, 15, 2.2 i7. 512 video etc etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.