Preview: JPEGs don't display correctly

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by n3acal, Sep 10, 2015.

1. n3acal macrumors newbie

Hi everyone

I have just installed the El Capitan GM and now I'm experiencing problems opening JPEGs in Preview. I CAN open some JPEGs but some JPEGs just open for a second or less and after that I can only see the background of Preview (the default grey colour). When I zoom in or zoom out, the JPEGs reappear for a moment, then disappear again (probably when they're completely loaded). Does anyone know a fix for that problem? It's quite weird that only some JPEGs seem to be a problem and others don't...

I have found out that the image size might be a problem. Smaller images (say 8MP) will open, larger images (say 20 MP) won't.

I have also found out that the problem does not occur in safe boot.

Does anyone know a fix?

n3acal

2. n3acal thread starter macrumors newbie

3. leerichards1 macrumors regular

Could you maybe post a link to one of the images you're having issues with, I can download it and see if I experience the same issue.

4. n3acal thread starter macrumors newbie

5. leerichards1 macrumors regular

Cool picture, that's an amazing building. The pic opened fine with Preview and appears fine as a thumbnail in my downloads folder. Filesize from Dropbox is 10.7MB.

6. n3acal thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! ;P That's in Dubai. I hope I can solve the problem somehow. Or maybe it will be solved with the next GM or the final release of El Capitan.