Preview pulls up previously viewed

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by imac abuser, Jul 25, 2011.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

I'm wondering why in Lion that when I open something with preview it opens stuff I looked at recently also... I don't like that any tips to turn that off?

Thanks,
    Chris

P.S. I notice in the top right area it says "locked" what's locked?

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

That's part of Resume. You can turn it off in General preferences.

Versions locks documents after a set amount of time to prevent accidental editing and saving. You can turn this off in Time Machine preferences.

3. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Locked is a TimeMachine feature where it locks the document from editing if it hasn't been edited in a few weeks' time. When you try to make changes, it'll ask you to unlock (by clicking "Unlock" in the dialog box that comes up) to confirm you want to edit the old document.

4. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

If you turn it off in Settings it's system wide. If you'd like to stop the windows from opening again when you reopen Preview, instead of using CMD + Q to quit, use CMD + ALT + Q to quit and close all windows.

5. brijazz macrumors 6502

brijazz

I <b>have</b> disabled the "Resume" feature. As expected, Safari doesn't remember it's previously used windows... however, Preview and TextEdit still do. I guess it's a bug... hopefully it gets remedied in 10.7.1.