Preview - remember window sizes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kolax, Mar 4, 2008.

1. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

I find it extremely irritating to keep having to resize every Preview window that I open. I'd rather it always remained a specific size. I've been searching for a while for a solution, but seems no one has found one yet.

I use Preview a lot for viewing photos and PDF's. Others suggest using Adobe's PDF viewer, but I like Preview because it is very light and responsive.

Anyone come close to a solution for getting Preview to remain a constant window size?

2. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi!

For viewing PDF files I suggest Skim. Light, fast and - IMHO - superior in terms of PDF reading/annotating/etc. to Preview.

Hope this was helpful.

/Rupert

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

Cheers - I downloaded Skim and I've now made that my number 1 for PDF's! It's pretty cool. And it remembers window sizes!

Only glitch I'm having is that when I want to zoom in, I have to press:
    CMD SHIFT + as opposed to CMD + because by default on laptop keyboards the += button = is the primary key.

Is there any way to reverse that in this program so I can zoom in without having to press the shift key?

4. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Wow,

talk about timing. Todays tutorial over at Mac Kindergarten is exactly what you need.
    Note for the future: At Mac Kindergarten, you can request tutorials / ask questions such as this, if you think it may be interesting for other users, too.

/Rupert