Preview - Why Can't I Browse Though Photo's In A Folder?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by PeteJames, Oct 30, 2011.

1. PeteJames macrumors regular

PeteJames

What am I doing wrong? The Previous and Next arrows are greyed out and even though all the photos are in the same folder it won't let me browse between them or display thumbnails of the other photos in the folder in the other views available? I've had a mac for 3 years and not been able to get this to work so switched to Xee but i'd rather use preview.

:confused:

Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

QuickLook is the way to preview files without opening the associated application by just selecting the file(s) in Finder and pressing the SPACEBAR.
    Make the Most of Quick Look

3. PeteJames thread starter macrumors regular

PeteJames

Oh, quick look is cool. Thanks. Still don't understand why preview has the arrows and the tab for multiple thumbnails if you can't use it though. It must be capable of it surely?

4. simsaladimbamba

It is, but you have to select all files in the folder you want to preview and open them in Preview to be able to use the arrows.

5. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Just drag and drop the folder on to the Preview icon and you'll get what you're looking for.

6. PeteJames thread starter macrumors regular

PeteJames

Ah yes. That works better - I'll have to keep preview on my dock to drag folders too.

Thanks a lot :)