Previewing Pictures

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by someone28624, Aug 19, 2007.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

In XP when I open a folder with pictures in it, I see a thumbnail of each pic. In OSX I see a generic picture icon and have to rely on memory to know what it's a picture of. Is there a way to see the thumbnails from the folder?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

If you select 'View as Icon' then the pictures should be visible as thumbnails.
    It appears that Quickview in Leopard will be a big improvement in this area.

3. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, then you have to flip through pictures one at a time. Can't. Stinkin'. Wait. For. Leopard.

4. headhammer macrumors regular

in said folder, you can also select all (command+'a'), right click any item, select "slideshow". even if there are other items (douments, folders etc) it'll just show the images.

you can even bring up an 'index sheet' layout to make it a little easier to view them all. press escape to back out of the slideshow.

but yes, coverflow and quicklook in leopard will be great, and i'm looking forward to them too. imo, coverflow makes a whole lot more sense in the finder than in itunes.

5. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

No you don't. (unless I am misunderstanding you)

You go into finder and select this:

Picture-1.jpg

then you can choose in view options how large you'd like the icons to display at (mine are usually 80 pixels so you can see it) You can do it by folder if you'd like to also.

6. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Open a folder.

Go to the Finder menu > View Options > Show Icon Preview

The images in your folders should now appear as thumbnails instead of the generic icon.

In Leopard this will be on by default and have a MUCH better implementation.

7. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exactly what I wanted. Thank you!