Previous 6 Plus owners who opted for a 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gui0312, Sep 27, 2015.

1. gui0312 macrumors 6502

gui0312

Is anyone out there regretting not getting the 6S Plus? I had the 6 plus and this year though, well the 6plus was a bit on the uncomfortable side at times and I'm not really sure I see a huge difference is OIS, let me get the 6S and have a more handheld experience and save 100.00 to boot. Well after 3 days with the 6S I am definitely missing the battery life... I'm at about 65% only 2 hours or so in the day, no gaming (maybe a 1 minute or two on boom beach), emails (light), and safari browsing. My wife got the 6S but she is coming from a 5S and says the battery is a bit better than what she had, though she uses the phone a lot less than I do.
    Thinking about setting up a reservation for the 6S PLUS now and disappointed.

2. MisterPeepers macrumors newbie

MisterPeepers

Damn and I'm thinking of going from 6+ to 6s simply because the 6+ is way too big for me...

3. gui0312 thread starter macrumors 6502

gui0312

My thoughts exactly, although I don't think it's "Too big" for me but its definitely easier to handle around the 6S. The battery life is just killing me. Also to note, I have nothing still syncing (iCloud, photos, music, etc.) everything is setup from a fresh install, no backups here. I don't think anything is really wrong with the battery, I just think its the whole coming from a 2750mAh or w/e the numbers are on the 6+ to a 1715 maH on the 6S is a big difference maker.

4. TurboPGT! macrumors 68000

You're over exaggerating the battery life. The real world difference between the 6S and the the 6S plus is 1 hour. Any other difference you're experiencing is normal day 1 overuse.

I went from a 6 Plus to a 6s and could not be happier. Normal size. No lag.

5. gui0312 thread starter macrumors 6502

gui0312

Almost double the battery size only accounts for 1 hour? I did not know that.
    Day 1 overuse is very subjective, I don't think overuse constitutes checking a couple of emails, browsing safari a bit and a couple of non-intensive apps. I'm not knocking the 6S, but there is a clear difference

6. yegon macrumors 68020

Far greater than an hour. Can't speak for the S models yet, awaiting my October delivery of a 6s+, but the difference in battery life between 6 and 6+ is much larger, ime lasting at least 30% longer.

My personal phone is a 6 Plus, work phone is a 6, lots of experience with both. I don't play phone games, with heavy usage the Plus lasts me all day, usually with a minimum of 20% left at bedtime. Same, or more likely less, usage on the 6 and I'm forced to recharge it about 5pm. I've dialled down lots of the background refresh on my works 6 too.

7. TurboPGT! macrumors 68000

The difference is 1 hour under comparable usage. Not sure what else to tell you. Since it's a new phone you should run it down to zero, charge it to 100, and start a day that way. I highly doubt you'll notice much difference from the 6+ in that scenario.

8. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Get a battery pack from Amazon or wherever. That slight inconvenience is much better than the bad portability, the darn Plus was a nightmare it being so uncomfortable in my pocket and handling it. I put up with it but no more.

The Anker pack I have is small and cheap, easy peasy.