General Previous Android Rooter Jailbrake Questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iPadMini, Oct 27, 2012.

1. iPadMini macrumors newbie

I am switching over from Android to Apple and am purchasing an iPad Mini. What exactly can you do with Jailreaking. As a previous Android rooter and romer, I would go back and forth between different roms every other day.

Can you use widgets w / jailbreaking?

Is it possible to run Android on an iOS device?

What are some cool add ons you can use?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It is generally expected it will be some months before you can jailbreak your mini

3. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

First question, yes there are a couple programs to use widgets. DashboardX and iWidgets both offer this feature.

Second question, no you can't run android.

Third question, there are way too many cool things you can do for me to list them all. This forum has a million threads on this topic so you could start your research there. YouTube is another great source for learning of new tweaks. iDownloadBlog and ModMyi both cover the newest tweak releases.

Here's a great video to start your education! It's geared towards the iPhone but many of these tweaks can be used on the iPad too. Welcome to the jailbreak community! Oh one other thing, it's most likely gonna be several months at least before a jailbreak is released for the iPad Mini. Just an FYI!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZoqW-GEdQM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

4. iPadMini thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the help guys! Didn't think I would get responses that fast. :)

I understand it may be a while before a jailbrake becomes available, but I would like to get a head start on the developmental aspects of the Mini.

5. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Also FYI easy way to learn about new tweaks

Before and after your're jailbroken:
    Just google "top cydia tweaks <MONTH> <YEAR>"

It's what I do and it shows me some cool stuff. Just read the first few articles.

After you're jailbroken:
    Just look through the list of changes on Cydia every time it updates. I generally ignore themes and look for those online by searching "top themes MONTH YEAR". But other than that just look through for tweaks and you find some nice new stuff.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

tons of stuff to see on youtube your probably looking at a few months yet. Android uses a open OS and Apple is closed OS so it's not easy.