Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AeroUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
New York
Can anyone tell me if they have upgraded from the previous 13" mbp to the one that was recently released.

Is the battery much better and is the speed increase noticeable?

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Battery much better yes. Speed increase, not so much. Graphics card is much better — so things look better and load faster when they require video or good looking graphics.

fuzzielitlpanda

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2008
if you already own the previous gen 13" mbp, i don't think it's worth the upgrade. however, if you're new to the market, then yes, the latest 13" mbp is worth the money

vant

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2009
MBP13(2009)->MBP13(2010) for me was 'meh'.

Battery life: I personally noticed that off the bat, the 2010 needed a calibration. The 2009 was perfect out of the box. I honestly feel that I am not getting 3 hours more, but more like .5 to 1 hour more.

Processor: Nope, no noticeable difference (its .14GHz).

GPU: I haven't noticed much here despite the 80% increase. I don't really do anything graphically intensive, just youtube and maybe some flash games/sites.

Inertia Scrolling: At first I didn't care, but with long webpages/documents this comes in handy as you can 'build speed'.

Aluminum Finish: This has definitely changed. The lid of the new MBP13s is grainy, whereas the 2009s was 'brushed' horizontally.

mDP: The added audio feature is nice, but there is much confusion over which cables work. I personally stick to my audio+mDP -> HDMI cable from monoprice which still has a usb+mDP cable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.