Previous gen Macbook (white) water damage question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by w0bbles, Feb 11, 2010.

1. w0bbles macrumors newbie

A friend accidently spilled water on her Macbook and now when she turns on the laptop, it will start and as soon as it goes to the home screen it will shut off. What exactly could the water have damaged?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Any number of things to be honest...

What do you mean by the home screen? The desktop? The login screen? Either way, it could be any one of the components on the logic board, no way to tell without systematically testing part after part or just replacing the entire logic board straight away.

3. w0bbles thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes the desktop, sorry.

Thanks for the reply. I told her originally it's probably better off switching out the logic board.

Where do you guys usually purchase your parts from? One decent site i know is iFixit.com. I'd appreciate it if you guys knew any other sites and listed them.

Thanks!

4. mouseandcat macrumors newbie

i've been trying to find anyone that peruses these fora to chime in on testing/repairing the logic board but not luck.

from what i've gathered, i think ebay might be the best alternative. unless one can sit on the laptop and wait for chance (ie. friend has another macbook with problems [cracked screen, upgraded to new laptop, etc] they can donate).