Previous Gen MBP vs. New MB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Luked06, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Luked06 macrumors newbie

Hey guys thanks in advance for your input!

I am in an interesting situation in which i have owned a 2.4 GHZ MBP which i purchases new about 2 months ago, and i have the opportunity to have a new MB (don't ask it is a very long story). I would be selling which ever one i do not keep. Do you think it would be worth it for me to ditch my MBP for a MB (either 2.0 or 2.4GHZ which would actually cost me 300 instead of being free like the 2.0GHZ). My uses are, lots of word processing, some torrents, alot of multimedia, and i do not think i will do much gaming (Diablo 3 will be very tempting in the future though).

Thank you guys and gals a lot for your help!

Specs on my current MBP are the standard stats for the 1999 MBP before they were updated.

Luke

2. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

Mbp!!!

"In terms of features, screen quality, and the boost from dedicated graphics, there is absolutely no comparison between the old Macbook Pro and the Macbook"

-Apple Store Genius (off the record to me when I posed the exact same question to him)

3. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

dude...keep the mbp. oh...1999 mbp? nevermind...take the new mb. wait...i'm confused. is your mbp 2 months old or what? how can the stats for a early 2008 model be the same as a 1999 powerbook? if you have a 2 month old mbp...then keep it. my brain hurts now.

4. 7even macrumors 6502a

I'd stick with the MBP, unless you desperately need a smaller computer. The MBP just has a much nicer screen...and it's not going to cost you anything to keep it.

5. Droogan Leader macrumors newbie

Not to hijack this thread, but what do you guys recommend between the previous 2.5 MPB vs. the new 2.4 MB?