Previous Generation Apple Wireless Mouse Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mBurns, Aug 13, 2007.

1. mBurns macrumors 6502

Hi.. although this is not a Windows forum, I thought you all may have a tip for making the following scenario work: Right now I have a MacBook Pro (main machine) and an IBM-compatible tower. In order to simplify my life and desk space, I'd like to use my Apple wireless keyboard and mouse with both machines. They're not going to be running at the same time, so having only one set is not an issue. The problem I'm having is syncing the apple mouse via bluetooh to the Windows machine. The Windows bluetooth utility sees the mouse and goes through the process of installing the mouse.. the issue comes up when I try to use the mouse. It never actually says "connected" on the bluetooth utility main screen. I can't seem to wrap my head around the solution to this issue.. like I said, the wireless Apple keyboard worked with NO issues. Any thoughts? Is their a passkey I need to use in Windows with the mouse (I noticed an option for a passkey in the utility)? I look forward to your help, mBurns.

Also.. if no one here knows; if I called up Apple, would they be able to assist me with troubleshooting this issue?

2. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

yes sir there is a passkey you have to use. its a common problem. when it tells you to enter a passkey for the mouse, just enter 0000. 4 zeros.

thats all. now you can enjoy the silky goodness of the mighty mouse on windows, just like me!

now if only my PS3 could pair with the mighty mouse...

3. mBurns thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks aphexacid. It worked! I'm surprised Apple has a passkey on their mouse but not on their keyboard. They should add this to their documentation in the manual. Of course, maybe I just missed the passkey? Again, thanks so much for your help! :D