Previous Generation Macbook Pros on Clearance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MediaRyan, Mar 3, 2008.

1. MediaRyan macrumors member

So the previous generation MBPs are now on clearance at the Apple store at significant savings. (2.2ghz & 2.4ghz models) How long do you think these machines will be on clearance?

Should I hurry and buy one? Are they likely to disappear soon? Will the price drop in a while or is that unlikely?

2. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

As you noted twice in your post, they're already on clearance. Keep waiting, and soon they won't be. :^)

4. Etrain macrumors 6502

Etrain

I planned on buying a clearance one in June after the next revision, however I don't know if maybe this clearance thing is not normal. Does Apple normally have items in the clearance? They don't have the past MB so that makes me curious. Also, its a long shot, but how likely is it for me to be able to apply the free Nano discount in June if they have the clearance models? Now that would be a real amazing savings!

Basically...does Apple normally list older versions on the clearance?

5. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

They list these refurbs or clearance laptops as they get them. If they have anymore in the summer time, then they will listed in that section. Usually they run out pretty fast but every once in a while I see them pop up through out the year.

-JoE