Previous Watch relevance...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by thealiendad, Jun 29, 2015.

1. thealiendad macrumors member

thealiendad

Lots of readers are talking about which strap they use and which watch face they prefer etc, but a lot of this will also be relevant to your previous watches.

So to compare why I use the Utility face and went for the Milanese Loop my previous two watches are the Citizen Skyhawk :- 188 grams and the Tissot Touch :- 155 grams and now the apple watch :- 83 grams.
    Plus of course the Apple Watch is physically much smaller than both of the others, so having a lighter strap was not relevant. :)

compare.jpg

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

3. nicho macrumors 68000

i can't quite see from your picture, is that a two tone skyhawk? I had that in all black before I got my apple watch. I knew it was heavy but I hadn't quite realised *how* heavy. My sport is definitely much lighter.

Did you got for the 38 too?

4. thealiendad thread starter macrumors member

thealiendad

the skyhawk is black not two tone and the Apple i went for is the 42mm :)

5. nicho macrumors 68000

i see that now! it looked at first glance the same size as mine vs the skyhawk - i think the tissot is off centre slightly and played tricks on my eyes :)

one of the reasons I was glad to switch away from the citizen, was that I'd always have a black ring around my wrist from paint coming off. it was every day for a year or more. its actually hard to tell where it came from, because it should have had all the colour stripped by now but its still pristine. did you find the same thing in the heat?

6. thealiendad thread starter macrumors member

thealiendad

Never had the black ring issue, but on the apple watch, due to having hairy arms every so often some hair does across the face and I panic thinking it's a scratch! Lol