Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
How many of you are actually preferring the screen bezel on the MBA? I think the 11" MBA bezel is way too thick, but the 13" MBA is just fine as screen's bezel matches the silver area on both sides of the keyboard (on the other hand, the 11" screen bezel thickness is double the size of the area on each side of the keyboard).

That being said, I actually am preferring a silver bezel when thin enough (i.e. 13" MBA) over the glass to glass screen of the unibody MBPs. The reason why is because whenever I would open my laptop or adjust the screen size, I would get fingerprints on the black bezel areas of the MBP and it was annoying to have to wash them off everytime.

I really like not having to deal with any fingerprints when opening the MBA screen or adjusting the screen thanks to this bezel. Does anyone else seem to prefer the silver bezel over the black glass to glass screen as well? :p

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
How many of you are actually preferring the screen bezel on the MBA? I think the 11" MBA bezel is way too thick, but the 13" MBA is just fine as screen's bezel matches the silver area on both sides of the keyboard (on the other hand, the 11" screen bezel thickness is double the size of the area on each side of the keyboard).

That being said, I actually am preferring a silver bezel when thin enough (i.e. 13" MBA) over the glass to glass screen of the unibody MBPs. The reason why is because whenever I would open my laptop or adjust the screen size, I would get fingerprints on the black bezel areas of the MBP and it was annoying to have to wash them off everytime.

I really like not having to deal with any fingerprints when opening the MBA screen or adjusting the screen thanks to this bezel. Does anyone else seem to prefer the silver bezel over the black glass to glass screen as well? :p

You seem OCD, just like me! ;) I thought about the finger prints too. But I think I prefer the Pro because I don't have to worry about applying too much pressure when cleaning the screen, and it seems less damageable. It could work both ways though really

Typswif2fingers

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
Dubai, UAE
actually i would prefer the bezel to be black like mbp, then it would look real nice.

Me too. Actually this was one of the reasons which put me off from buying an MBA earlier... Although, I have to admit, once I purchased the bezel never really registered.

It would be nice to be able to get the black bezel as an add-on/option. I have heard though, god knows where, that metal bezel as is now, provides for structural integrity due to screen thickness (thinness).

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
You seem OCD, just like me! ;) I thought about the finger prints too. But I think I prefer the Pro because I don't have to worry about applying too much pressure when cleaning the screen, and it seems less damageable. It could work both ways though really

I always heard it was easier to clean, but having personally owned the MBP I'd still get gunk stuck in the rubber perimeters around the screen instead of the bezel (since there was none). I haven't had any screen cleaning issues with with the MBA nor fingerprint issues. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.