Previously undocumented? 360-degree rotation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JNB, Jul 3, 2007.

1. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Maybe I missed something, but I could swear that the portrait-to-landscape rotation was specifically said to be restricted to 90-degrees counter-clockwise (or anti-cyclonic, if you prefer). I just discovered that I could switch photos and web pages to 180- and 270-degree orientations, in either direction, and it kept switching to keep up with me. Tres cool!

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Yeah Engadget mentioned that in their review. Good stuff.

3. 00hkelly macrumors 6502

"iPhone’s accelerometer detects when you rotate the device from portrait to landscape, then automatically changes the contents of the display, so you immediately see the entire width of a web page or a photo in its proper landscape aspect ratio. "

from the iphone technology website.
    from what i ever heard it was only said "90 degree rotation" however in all of the apple videos and demos it was only ever shown to rotate one way (anti-clockwise) and I think this led a lot of people to assume this is the only way that it rotated. Certainly a bonus if it rotates all directions, my N95 only rotates in one direction (mind you it doesnt have motion sensors)

4. SirOmega macrumors 6502a

I noticed with photos it was possible to get 360 degree rotation, but I never could get it with web.