Price Advice Price advice: How much is my MBP worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Suno, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

1. I'm not trying to sell here, only trying to get fair advice.

2. I'd like to know the price if I were to sell it as of today, but I'd also like to know a rough deterioration rate, so I'll have an estimate of what it'll be next year if I end up keeping it for that long.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Exterior physical condition: Like new. Mothers could not take care of their baby more. You will not see a single scratch on the surface, top or bottom, of this thing, nor a single dent, even if you tried.

Interior physical condition: Like new. Palm guard and keyboard looks exactly like the way it did day 1. I had a Moshi keyboard guard to prevent greasy and faded keys (it happens, I've seen it), and I only ever type with my palms up. The screen is, of course, scratch-free.
    Specs (custom parts are italicized, otherwise it's factory)
    Year: 2012 (Specifically mid/October-2012)
    Model: Classic Macbook Pro (NON-retina)
    Processor: 2.6 GHz i7
    RAM: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Screen: 15-inch (1680 x 1050)
    Storage: Crucial M4 256GB SSD

To summarize, it's an upper-end classic MBP from October-2012 with a high-res display (Apple-option, not done by me) and upgraded SSD storage. Physical condition, both exterior and interior, are more or less brand new. No faded aluminum, dents, keys, or scratches on any visible surface. No parts (other than the upgraded ones) have been replaced.

2. Sriteja25 macrumors member

3. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

You can make.....

a good estimate if you locate a same or similar specs Mac in the Refurb area of the Apple Store nearest to you and take 25% off from that price. Predict future prices can be harder, but you can asume a factor of 25% depreciation for light-medium use and 33% for heavy-rough use (commonplace by accounting estimations in electronics).

If selling online, factor in shipping costs and fees, if applicable. No functional issues, apart from the aesthetics also help. And IMHO, AppleCare for portables are a sensible investment.

Hope that helps.......:D

:):apple: