Price Advice: MacBook Pro 15" ...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CalWizrd, Jul 12, 2012.

1. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I want to order a new MacBook Pro - retina. In order to help finance that purchase I figured I would sell my current MBP. Here are the specs...

Early 2011 MacBookPro
    2.0 GHz quad-core i7
    8GB memory
    512GB SSD
    15" High-res anti glare display

Could someone give me some thoughts on what a fair price would be to sell this? I paid over $3,500 in May 2011.

Thanks for any advice.

Mike

2. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

You could try checking a site like Mac2Sell. Also check eBay for models with similar specs to yours to get an idea what to ask for yours. Did you purchase Apple Care? Sounds like a very nice machine.

3. CalWizrd thread starter Suspended

CalWizrd

After I first looked at this thread and learned about Mac2Sell (hadn't heard about it before), I went there and filled out the spec parameters. It didn't even give me the option of specifying that it was the high-res anti glare display, and it came back with $2160.

What confuses me is that I have it listed on CraigsList as a package with a 1st gen 64GB iPad for a total that's considerably less than that, and it seems that all I get are scam replies. It's not that I'm posting in a small city... it's Manhattan!

Anybody have any advice on other places to try to list it, or is that number so far out of whack?

4. Batra555 macrumors newbie

Mate best place to sell it would be on ebay. I just had a quick search And $2200 seems like a fair price for just the the macbook. You could throw the ipad on for around $300 depending on the condition.

5. CalWizrd thread starter Suspended

CalWizrd

Thanks. I've never used eBay. I assume I have to set up an account ...

6. 'Arry macrumors newbie

Don't sell them as a 'combo deal'. What proportion of people who want a 2011 15" MBP simultaneously want a 1st-gen iPad? Relatively few. Apart from the fact that both are made by Apple, what unites the products such that I would need to buy both at once? It's odd.