Price Check

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by tpavur, Oct 21, 2011.

1. tpavur macrumors regular

Please note this is only happening because I plan on buying the early 12' mac pro. Before I put it on the market...

2010 3.2 Ghz quad core
    16 GB DDR 3
    5870 GPU
    2 TB HDD + 1 TB HDD
    Magic mouse with 10 key key board
    W/ OS X lion

Everything else is stock. Wondering what I should ask for it and where is the best place to sell it.

Thanks for anyone that can provide some insight.

2. tpavur thread starter macrumors regular

3. nanofrog macrumors G4

Couple of questions:
    1. Does it have extended Apple Care?
    2. Where do you live (highly populated area could make Craig's List a good option)?
    I realize that it has options, but most won't buyers probably won't consider those, and think the price too high if it reflects them.

But as it's used, it needs to be cheaper than what Apple sells them for in the Refurbished store for the main system. As a rough guess, I'd figure MSRP * .75 (gives a 25% discount, which is a bigger discount than Apple offers on Refurbs <typically 15% IIRC>). You could also look around Craig's List and eBay to see what things have been going for there recently (also both are good places to sell it).

BTW, as you're after a 2012 model, the upgrades can be swapped over (memory as it will still be DDR3 ECC, as well as the HDD's). In the case of the memory, I'm presuming you still have the OEM memory, and didn't order the 16GB from Apple (just the 5870 from Apple as part of a CTO configuration).

4. lewdvig macrumors 65816

nanfrog gives good advice, list it for $1500 and transfer the good stuff over to the new box. Put the 120 GT or 5770 in the old one.