Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
What would be a good price to sell my base model Late 2012 Mac Mini for? It currently has a 250GB Samsung Evo, a 500 GB HDD as extra, and 10GB ram inside. I would be including a wireless keyboard and Magic Trackpad with it. The mini itself is near mint and has never given me an issue.

I was thinking a starting price of $500 or so. Is that too much? Trying to absorb as much of the cost as possible of my new Macbook Pro w/Retina.

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
What would be a good price to sell my base model Late 2012 Mac Mini for? It currently has a 250GB Samsung Evo, a 500 GB HDD as extra, and 10GB ram inside. I would be including a wireless keyboard and Magic Trackpad with it. The mini itself is near mint and has never given me an issue.

I was thinking a starting price of $500 or so. Is that too much? Trying to absorb as much of the cost as possible of my new Macbook Pro w/Retina.
In my opinion, $500 is an excellent price for a high-in-demand machine that already has an SSD, 10GB of RAM (how did you get 10, 8+2?), and those accessories, especially if you compare it to how much you would have to pay for the new model if you wanted all of that. $500 base price plus $100 for 8GB of RAM plus $100 for SSD and $150 for accessories is $850.

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
In my opinion, $500 is an excellent price for a high-in-demand machine that already has an SSD, 10GB of RAM (how did you get 10, 8+2?), and those accessories, especially if you compare it to how much you would have to pay for the new model if you wanted all of that. $500 base price plus $100 for 8GB of RAM plus $100 for SSD and $150 for accessories is $850.
Thank you for your opinion. I got 10 GB by doing 8+2. Works great IMO and has never showed me a hiccup at all.

Just curious if you know any reputable places I would be able to sell it besides CL? I know selling is a no go on this forum but I'm sure other members know of somewhere.

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
Thank you for your opinion. I got 10 GB by doing 8+2. Works great IMO and has never showed me a hiccup at all.

Just curious if you know any reputable places I would be able to sell it besides CL? I know selling is a no go on this forum but I'm sure other members know of somewhere.
I wish I could help you besides commenting on your price, but unfortunately the only places I know to sell your Mac Mini at a fair pice is Craigslist and the marketplace forum :(

grcar

Suspended
Sep 28, 2014
What would be a good price to sell my base model Late 2012 Mac Mini for? It currently has a 250GB Samsung Evo, a 500 GB HDD as extra, and 10GB ram inside. I would be including a wireless keyboard and Magic Trackpad with it. I was thinking a starting price of $500 or so.

I have a thread "Fair Prices for Used 2010-2012 Mac Minis". On eBay the value of the stock computer is about $421. To this amount add the current cost of the upgrades and accessories. (BTW not everyone wants the accessories.) Prices on CraigsList are all over the map.

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
I have a thread "Fair Prices for Used 2010-2012 Mac Minis". On eBay the value of the stock computer is about $421. To this amount add the current cost of the upgrades and accessories. (BTW not everyone wants the accessories.) Prices on CraigsList are all over the map.
Thank you for the info.

I'm selling it to a member on here that is somewhat local. He's getting a good deal and I'm getting a quick sale. I could probably get more but oh well rather sell it faster than sit on it for a couple more bucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.