Price Difference Refund for New Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by munchybunch, Jun 20, 2009.

1. munchybunch macrumors newbie

I was just wondering if anyone could comment on successes/failures with attempting to get a refund after the mbp refresh. I'm not blaming Apple in any way - I am, however, a tad sad that a) there was a drop in prices, b) there was an improvement in hardware, and c) educational promotions are giving away a free iPod touch as well.

I had been under the impression that the usual iPod giveaway was in August, which I wasn't willing to wait for; as for WWDC I hadn't expected a mbp refresh just iPhone announcements.

I ordered my mbp more than 6 weeks ago (yikes) - any chance I can get store credit, trade in for the new mbp, or get a free iPod out of this?

//edit:
    Also, any tips in "negotiating" with the rep?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You can ask...

the worst that can happen is they say "no"

Sometimes it varies by store, attitude, etc.
    Application of the "rules" is inconsistent at best

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. unixufan macrumors newbie

I bought my macbook(unibody) 3 weeks ago, returned and just received the refund( deduction of 10% restocking fee) today.

I'm not sure what you are posting this thread for. Well, free ipod is actually for anybody as long as you currently study or work in an educational instituion.

Price drop and hardware improvement is impressive, that's Why i returned mine.
    If you bought yours in an apple store, there's good chance of full refund after good negotiation

4. munchybunch thread starter macrumors newbie

@unixfan: I just wanted to see if others had any luck with this.

5. lazydesi macrumors 6502

one of the member from mactalk.com.au

so you can give it a go, worst scenario is NO

6. unixufan macrumors newbie

there're people here in this forum got the same kind price adjustment 200 dollars cash. It depends whether you would stick with your UMB or go for the MBP 13''.

7. jayge macrumors newbie

got it 30 minutes before the new release..DOPE! went back 2 days later returned my 2.6 GHz for a 2.8 new one..and a $30 gift card also. thats after a 10% restocking fee that i in no way was getting back. stuck up managers!