Price Difference

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bradsnoise, Sep 6, 2008.

1. bradsnoise macrumors newbie

Im very sorry if this is old news, but I noticed the 16 gig iPod Touch goes for $419.00 on apple.com/ca but goes for $369.00 on bestbuy.ca. Can anyone tell me why the difference? Normally places like bestbuy charge the same amount as apple.

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Just a hunch but maybe Best Buy is trying to clear their stock of the current iPod touch so that they won't have to worry about leftovers when the second generation is released?

3. only macrumors regular

Actually that's Best Buy's/FutureShop's regular price for the 16gb Ipt and not a sale price. They and other big box store's have been selling them at around that price since at least February, and buying direct from Apple Store has always been more expensive.

BB/FS did occasionally put them on 'sale' in a couple of instances for about a week each time for $20-$30 less that price.

4. bradsnoise thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, ok. For some reason I assumed those stores always sold their Apple products at the same price as Apple, give or take $20.

5. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

Those are indeed the prices they've had for quite a while now.

Someone from Red Flag Deals site which is Canadian said Futureshop is having a mid-week flyer from Sept. 7-11th. In that flyer, which I have not seen, the 16GB iPod touch is suppose to be $278.00, now that's a great price.
    But the new ones are coming out Tuesday, or atleast an announcement, so we should see similar prices drops then anyway. With hopefully a bigger flashdrive as well.

6. only macrumors regular

Sweet, thanks for the tip on the midweek. I've been wanting one of these for the better part of the year, keeping track of prices and debating whether to get the 1st or 2nd gen ipt. If it does go on sale for $278 that might decide it for me, but we'll see on Tuesday.

7. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

I was back on that Red Flag Deals site.
    Apparently someone tried to purchase one at a Futureshop.
    They were denied that price because of an error in the flyer, what a joke!
    So just wait till Tuesday, oh that's now, hehe.

8. maximus1315 macrumors newbie

the apple store may also be more expensive because remember, they offer "free" shipping, lazer engraving, and gift boxes for your apple online store purchases. best buy and futureshop obviously dont do any of those things. im guessing thats the reason for the price difference, to cover those costs