Price drop after july 11?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bernabox, Jun 26, 2008.

1. bernabox macrumors newbie

If the price of the Iphone drops, what happend with the Ipod Touch?

2. Nickelz92 macrumors member

As far as the public (we're not Apple Insiders) knows, nothing. I've heard some rumors about a possible September price-drop but that's about it.

EDIT: This is just speculation, but I'm assuming this is Apple's business-wise tactics in place. In this "scheme", Apple is trying to entice as many people as possible with this great, new, CHEAP iPhone. However, some people are too cheap and/or don't want to use AT&T, so they won't change over. These people, Apple figures, have a good chance of being scooped up a few months later once all their friends have the awesome 2.0 3G iPhone. Just a theory.

3. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Ummmm, probably not. At least wait til September but I'm not even sure it will happen then.

4. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

It'll include the new firmware so you could consider that a price drop as previous touch owners will have to pay for it.

5. aosman macrumors 6502

Maybe a slight price drop in the iPod Touch line in September/October (after the Student Promotion, during a possible revamping of the iPod Lineup)

6. sargent bannana macrumors member

dont think so for the following reasons
    1) if they drop the price then they will have to make the nano cheaper the video cheaper and the shuffle which is a big mess and they probably wount because the ipod touch is a high end device/ipod

2) the ipod touch adn the iphone are 2 tottaly diffrent things the iphone which seems cheaper you have to pay alot upfron the touch its only one fee

3) they will probably drop the 8gb make the 16gb 300 the 32 400 and 64 500

maybee acctual buttons lol :D

:apple::apple::apple: