Price drop before Christmas??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rocktaxi, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Rocktaxi macrumors newbie

I'm curious if anyone knows, or atleast thinks that there may be another price drop/sale at Best Buy or Walmart or even AT&T from the 5s before Christmas?? I could not take advantage of BestBuy's offer on Black Friday due to no funds but really want to upgrade ASAP. I know some places you can get a discount on the 16GB but I'm looking for the higher 32 or 64GB

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

3. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

Unlikely. Most retailers want to maximise profits.

4. jplusc macrumors 6502a

Sale at walmart just got announced for friday: http://wp.me/p1xtr9-1gno (9to5mac)

5. Charadis macrumors 6502a

OP, there is a sale going on at Best Buy. $75 off price of 5s, New account, upgrade, and add a line. Info taken from Slickdeals:

Slickdeals Original Post, iPhone 5s multiple carriers and capacities $75 off

Best Buy direct link

Go get yourself a new phone. :)

6. Charadis macrumors 6502a

7. dave420 macrumors 65816

Yea Best Buy or Walmart seem to be the places to go for a discount right now. Just my luck I bought a 32 GB iPhone 5s right before the sale started at Best Buy. They do have a price guarantee, so I'm going to go by there today to get them to price match my purchase.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

If you have to ask about discounts for a phone I'd be more concerned about paying the monthly bill. Regardless, no, you're likely not going to find any discounts this close to christmas.

9. dave420 macrumors 65816

I think asking about discounts is a better idea than paying an extra $100-$150 for the price of the phone. It's obvious you didn't read the thread either, as there are discounts available.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like there are some discounts, from some stores, and perhaps more will show up.

As for saving some money, does it really matter how much money you actually have, doesn't pretty much everyone want to save some money when they can? Sure, for some going out of their way to do so is not worth it, while for others it is, but asking on a forum of any sales and going to a store that you would otherwise would go to when there is a sale to get that item for a somewhat cheaper price hardly seems to be anything even close to someone going out of their way.

11. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Let us know the outcome. In any case, you should be able to return and rebuy at the discounted price after your upgrade eligibility resets should they refuse a price adjustment. Don't forgot to claim your $50.00 Best Buy giftcard if you signed up for the choose phone freedom Best Buy promo earlier this year! :)

12. dave420 macrumors 65816

Sure, I can post an update. I'm hoping to get it done later this evening. I'd rather not return it as it was a gift, and I don't want to get hit with an upgrade fee for purchasing a device again. I did get AT&T to waive the initial upgrade fee, but I seem to be at my limit with discounts from them at the moment.
    I did get my $50 gift card for signing up for the promo as well. Normally I think you can use it towards the phone, but in my case that got messed up and I received it through email instead.

When you combine the $75 off full retail with the $50 gift card and waived $36 activation fee that seems like a pretty good deal overall.

13. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

that makes no sense. why pay retail when i can get it at a discounted price

shopping smart does not equal to being poor

14. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Does bb charge their own etf? Was gonna get 2 5s thru verizon but in case I wanna switch to att/tmobile, I just have to pay the verizon etf?

15. dave420 macrumors 65816

There is no extra ETF at Best Buy. I have heard WalMart has one, but I don't know for sure.
    Of course be sure to read what you sign carefully to confirm.

16. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

True, I check retailmenot, techbargains.com, and what ever other coupon/code site is out there for discounts before I buy anything. This is regardless of my financials at the time.

Seriously, I'm pretty tight when it comes to money, if I won the lottery I'd still do the same deal finding.

17. Charadis macrumors 6502a

You, my friend, are a slick dealer. I think you came out with a pretty nice deal and a lot of savings. :cool:

I got my iP5 as a gift last year, but as I got it on launch day, my gifter haz no savings. :(

18. dave420 macrumors 65816

Yea, it was a good deal. They were a little reluctant to do the price match at Best Buy today, but after some insistence and getting the manager they refunded the difference.
    I got my new phone during the launch, and this one is a gift. It does seem to be the time of the year to get discounts though. I don't recall many discounts earlier this year, but last December was the same way.

19. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Good to hear it all worked out, man. Thanks for keeping us posted; it is a good time to be saving money, and I think I will learn next time I upgrade to wait for the discounts just before Christmas. :cool: