Price drop for 2015 MBPs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tbobmccoy, Nov 11, 2016.

1. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

Anyone have any clue why/when Apple will drop the prices on these models? I'd rather pick one up, but I'm not willing to pay the full Apple tax on a product already a few years old now.

2. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

they have no reason to drop the price. they will keep them around to get through the transition and then drop them completely (could be in one month or 2 years). they do not usually keep older computer products around (exception was the 13" DVD MBP, but that didn't get a price drop). if you want to spend less, get an Apple Refurb or look or deals from other sellers clearing old inventory. though probably less deals this time since the demand for those machines remains high.

3. vmac556 macrumors newbie

i just picked up a new 2015 15inch 512gb for 2300

4. mikepro macrumors 6502

I just got a 2015 2.5GHz with 512GB and AMD graphics on eBay for $1900. It was new in box. Only thing I'm not 100% thrilled about, is when I tried to register it, the warranty started at end of July, I guess when the reseller bought it? I tried to submit my receipt of purchase date, but Apple denied it. So, 3 months are used on my warranty. I may try to call Apple and appeal, but for the price, it was still a great deal

5. flavr macrumors 6502

flavr

This past summer I picked up an almost brand new top model 15inch 2015 AMD Macbook Pro for $1500 on Craiglist, and it came with three years of Apple Care. Its been flawless since.

6. dk808 macrumors 6502a

Why on earth would someone sell it for 1500 +apple care? There had to have been some faults on it

7. brand macrumors 601

brand

Since eBay is not an Authorized Apple Reseller I doubt you will have much luck with any appeal.

8. flavr macrumors 6502

flavr

Nope. It was an older gentleman. Nice guy. He met me at a coffee shop and called apple to trsnsfer his apple care to me. computer has been 100% flawless. he had all the original packaging and everything. i got lucky.

9. PaulWog Suspended

Wow very lucky. Yes, some people can be very kind on Craigslist. They tend to be there to recoup some money, but keep the price extremely low just to ensure a smooth and stress-free sale. A very rare thing.

10. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Was it actually put there by an authorized retailer? Without that it's unlikely that they would have any reason to honor this.

11. Sidewolf macrumors newbie

Congrats on that deal. I just purchased a similar MacBook Pro but with 1tb and AppleCare until November 2018. I paid 2300 for it and I'm satisfied with the deal.

12. mikepro macrumors 6502

Yeah, they aren't an authorized reseller, so I probably have little luck. Still, maybe an opportunity for Apple to go over and above their customer service. Not holding out much hope though...

13. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

Another downside with Apple raising the prices on the new models is they have no reason to lower the prices on the older models since there is already a price difference. That being said, most other retailers have been discounting the 2015 model even before the new models were released.