Price drop of refurb rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Klae17, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Klae17 macrumors 6502a

Klae17

How much and when will a price drop happen for the 2012 rMBP after WWDC announcements?

2. omgitscro, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013

omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

I'll assume you mean the 2013 models, which includes the updated rMBPs with spec bumps and slight chassis differences, as well as the older carry-over models from 2012. Clearance models are typically available on the online store as well as in Retail locations until stock runs out. The savings are significant, I believe it could be something like 10-15%. Of course, if you have education pricing, the savings will stack.

Clearance models are not the same as the refurbished models; clearance products come in their original packaging as opposed to the brown boxes of the refurbs.

I don't think we can really tell how much the price of the very first, 2012, Retina models will drop by on the refurb page. I think the 13" Retina models dropped a bit but that is because the 2013 models were so much cheaper. The 15" Retina models appear to have stayed at the same price on the refurb page. We don't have much to go by here, and it really depends on how Apple will price the new line of Retina models.