Price drop on older models- When?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kmac007, Oct 28, 2016.

1. kmac007 macrumors regular

When are the older models going to start to become discounted and how much of a discount can we expect?

2. haydn! macrumors 6502a

From Apple? Not for at least another 12 months. Third parties? Anyones guess, technically, maintaining their current prices would be a saving for anyone outside the states.

3. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

lol.

There's probably not going to be a price drop any time soon.

4. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I would check 3rd party retailers like Amazon and B&H in New York.

I bought a higher end rMBP 2014 for $1800 from B&H (No tax for me) right when the 2015 came out. It's a remarkable machine and the price is great.

So check 3rd parties, Apple doesn't drop the prices on their website.

5. RHD 42 macrumors member

RHD 42

Can you even buy older models through Apple? Except on the refurb store of course and those prices aren't that keen.

6. kmac007 thread starter macrumors regular

Really?

So they jack up the prices of current MacBook pros and refuse to lower the older ones despite releasing new ones?

This is gonna be my first apple laptop but that's an interesting strategy. Is that usually what they do?

7. The Mercurian macrumors 65816

They don't do price drops any more - its price increases they like now

8. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

First time I remember them not discounting previous generation. Normally previous generation is discontinued for sale though.

9. jerryk macrumors 68030

The price drop for 2015 rMBPs occurred this Spring. I paid around $2150+ for my 15" rMBP with 512 GB and dGPU. through Amazon. I heard some people were getting them for $1950 from eBay.

10. siweltrebor macrumors newbie

I was stunned when I walked into the Apple Store earlier and realised that waiting for this accouncement was the worst choice I could make. A Laptop that cost 1k is now 250 quid more expensive, I also qualify for an education discount so I was being asked to pay £225 more overnight for something that hadn't been improved or changed in the slightest.

I rushed out the store, found a John Lewis and bought the retina 13 macbook pro I was after for the original price as they were in the process of upping the prices but hadn't officially done that on the shop floor at that point. I'm very happy with my new macbook pro even if it isn't the flashy ones revealed yesterday.