Price drop refurb Classic, new iPod soon?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Praeliber, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Praeliber macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

There is a price drop for the iPod Classic on the Canadian refurb store, a 30 bucks rebate that seems to point out a new iPod Classic soon (september?). If we all sorta guess (know?) the iPod Classic will have a redesing in september, here's something to confirm our guess! To anyone wanting a 80gb classic in Canada, at 189 it's a heck of a deal. I'll wait for the next one thought :D

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...-AFFC-IPOD&aosid=p201&AID=10481137&PID=749547

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Price variations and inventory levels at the refurb store are completely unrelated to any new releases of products. They only reflect the constantly varying mix of products they receive back at any given time.

3. elmateo487 macrumors 6502a

Dunno about that. I have never seen the classic this cheap!

4. Praeliber thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I can't say for others refurb store, but the price on Canadian Refurb doesn't fluctuate... It stays the same all year long. Usually, the price drop on refurb is done before on while there's a new product release (the item goes from current generation to past generation).

Anyways, it was only another guess, and a hint for those seeking for a good deal on a 80gb classic...

5. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

The 80GB Classic is now $179, also a great deal.

The price hasn't been this low before, I also think it's not a coincidence (we're getting close to September...)