Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Since it is Black Friday, there are discounts from $100 to $200 on the MBP 13" 2.53 GHz. Instead of tomorrow, Futureshop is having their black friday sale today with a $200 discount on the laptop, however i can't go since my mom is at work.
And i can't buy from Apple since they don't have financing. So now my mom's idea is to wait as close to Christmas as possible to get a cheaper laptop.
So i need stats. Does Apple lower their prices after Black friday until december 19th (in canada)?

jhajjar

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2009
can you tell me where you saw a 200$ discount on the 13''? I can't seem to find anything on futureshop.ca. I bought mine last week and if it's on sale i'll go get it price matched!

Anike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
can you tell me where you saw a 200$ discount on the 13''? I can't seem to find anything on futureshop.ca. I bought mine last week and if it's on sale i'll go get it price matched!

i called the futureshop store like an hour ago and i asked if they were going to price match the sales from apple tomorrow and they said black friday is on today and i asked what the price was and he said 1399. :( i want it soooo bad.

CDutch

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2009
Looks like there's a retailer out there selling the 13 inch 2.53Ghz MBP for $1299. I was leaning toward waiting for the refresh but that's a pretty enticing deal.

hazedragon45

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2009
i called the futureshop store like an hour ago and i asked if they were going to price match the sales from apple tomorrow and they said black friday is on today and i asked what the price was and he said 1399. :( i want it soooo bad.

I got mine exactly one week ago from futureshop for $1189 (student price matched + 10% diff). Btw the original price of the MBP is 1299. Also you should try looking for gift cards on craigslist. I got lucky. The first time I ever looked, I found a $930 futureshop giftcard for $750. Basically $180 for free towards my 13MBP. So happY!

lilskaterpunk

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
Are u sure the model was MBP 13.3'' 2.53Ghz?
I plan on buying that model today and I checked with Futurshop in Canada and there was no such deal?
The MBP 13.3'' 2.53Ghz is going for $1599.99 and then u can either purchase extra warranty through Futureshop for $249 (2 years) or $299 (3 years)
I also checked online and did not notice that model on sale. That is why today I was gonna check and see if they can price match or help out with a student discount.

EDIT: I called Futureshop and the MBP 13.3'' models (2.53Ghz) were NOT on sale. They were still $1599 CAN. The 15'' MBP model did have a savings of $200 and a iMac model had $200 savings.
So you are not missing anything. I'd recommend taking advantage of the deals today or student deals to buy the MBP 13.3'' 2.53Ghz model

Anike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Are u sure the model was MBP 13.3'' 2.53Ghz?
I plan on buying that model today and I checked with Futurshop in Canada and there was no such deal?
The MBP 13.3'' 2.53Ghz is going for $1599.99 and then u can either purchase extra warranty through Futureshop for $249 (2 years) or $299 (3 years)
I also checked online and did not notice that model on sale. That is why today I was gonna check and see if they can price match or help out with a student discount.

EDIT: I called Futureshop and the MBP 13.3'' models (2.53Ghz) were NOT on sale. They were still $1599 CAN. The 15'' MBP model did have a savings of $200 and a iMac model had $200 savings.
So you are not missing anything. I'd recommend taking advantage of the deals today or student deals to buy the MBP 13.3'' 2.53Ghz model

so yea they did tell me over the phone that there was a VIP sale and i ended up buying my mac laptop yesterday. However, the $200 discount was not straight on the laptop but a $100 off the 4 year warranty and $100 off set-up. so they kind of ripped me off. i just want to give back the macbook all together. :( the warranty sucks at futureshop and the set-up was such a waste. even though i paid nothing but could've gotten something else.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Buy one just AFTER Christmas:D

Because everyone buys a Mac right on Christmas then on boxing day the only thing coming through the doors of the Apple store is tumbleweed they're going to make some serious "boxing day sales". They sell them sometimes for how much it cost THEM to buy them! So buy just after Christmas:D Thats what I'm doing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.