Price for a 2011 27" iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Saladsamurai, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Saladsamurai macrumors regular

Hello All! I was just trying to get some opinions on an iMac I found for sale used. Just bought a house and the laptop is a little small for what I am doing. If I can find a good deal on used one that would be great.

The following listing is asking for $1195 USD. What do you folks think of this price? I am not familiar with Mac resale. Thanks so much.

LISTING:
    iMac 27-inch mid 2011 model, MC813LL/A with built in superdrive in like new condition. This is the last model of the iMac that have a DVD and CD burner and the software that can burn movies as wells CD's. I purchased new along with AppleCare which cover the computer until June 17, 2014. Unit comes complete with wireless key board and mouse, factory restore disc and booklets, along with original boxes unit came in. Computer has been kept in a smoke and pet free home and has no issues was used very little by older couple. Cash only sale. iWok and iLife have been installed and the factory specs are listed below
    Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63

2. Fifteen20s macrumors regular

I think it is reasonable since it has AppleCare.

3. fastlanephil macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

I paid $1419+tax for an Apple refurbished MC813LL/A in November 2011 and it came with an unadvertised 8 GB of memory. I bought AppleCare for $122 from B&H Photo.

If it's in perfect condition it's probably a fair price. The 2011 iMacs do have after market hard drive and eSATA port upgrade options that are no longer possible with the glued together 2013 models.