price for a 2nd hand iPod Touch 32gb, in excellent condition?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ofiaich, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ofiaich macrumors member

ofiaich

Hi!

I think my title sums it up!

What do people think the price for a 2nd hand first gen, iPod Touch 32gb, in excellent condition should be?

i.e. what would you pay for one?

I know CEX in the UK offer £165 for cash or if I see goods that I like, then to the value of £206 if someone wants to sell theirs....

Any opinions welcomed !

Ofiaich

2. Rockrover macrumors member

I know English is not your native language, but you might want to try your post again....I have no idea what you are saying.:confused:

3. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

Craigslist or ebay? IDK?

EDIT: I mean .... You would get an even or better deal on Both. But I still Don't know ...

4. ofiaich thread starter macrumors member

ofiaich

Sorry about that, I wrote 'this' instead of 'think' big error that :p

Anyway, if you wanted a first gen iPod Touch 32 gb and it must be in excellent condition, what would you pay? What would one be worth ;)

Ofiaich :)

5. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Just an original (1st gen) 32GB iPod touch in excellent condition with original box, accessories, etc... no more than $200-225 personally. I know cultists love to leave the appreciation level high for Apple hardware, but... it just ain't worth much more than that to me, and that's pushing my limit as it is. If it came with a nice leather or seriously protective case which didn't detract from usage, maybe $250-275, absolute once-in-a-lifetime top price but I'd have to be strongly persuaded to go that high, and it damned well needs to be in the box, nearly untouched (no pun intended).

I've got a Dell Axim x50v with 48GB of storage in it - does more for me and I paid under $300 for it and the 32GB CompactFlash card as well as the 16GB SDHC card, and all the accessories that came with it (extra batteries, cables, cradles, adapters). Does everything a touch can do and a helluvalot more, and Bluetooth GPS as well, which might become an option at some point on the 2nd generation iPod touch. Apple loves stringing their cult members along... ;)

6. therealdt macrumors regular

go to apple.com/store and check out the price for a refurb one

7. ofiaich thread starter macrumors member

ofiaich

Thanks for your replies,

My local CEX will pay £165 for cash or if I see goods that I like, then to the value of £206.

So that gives me a fairly good guide....

Ofiaich ;)