Price for iPad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by briceman, Feb 22, 2012.

1. briceman macrumors member

So, if I bought several iPad 3's at launch, what kind of resale value profit might I be looking at?

2. matbook101 macrumors 6502

matbook101

Depends on their condition & accessories.

3. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

If they only launch in the United States first, you'll be able to sell them for a small fortune on eBay to other countries. But you can only buy two from Apple.

4. briceman thread starter macrumors member

They would be brand new, in package.

Example: I buy three iPad 3's and sell them on Ebay or Craigslist. What kind of mark up would I be able to have on the original price since the demand was so high?

----------

That is very good to know. Domestically what kind of profit would I be looking at?

5. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I don't know about the US, I'm afraid. I'm unsure of supply, and Apple may be better prepared for this generation. I do know the original 16GB iPads were selling for upwards of £1000 on our eBay site in the UK, prior to their international release, which is $1582 dollars.

6. briceman thread starter macrumors member

Wow, that is incredible! Thanks for this helpful information!

7. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

I also am buying to go many of your ipads and take to Motherland CCCP to sell for many many roubles, I will become most rich yah?

Ones day i will be ruling the world!

~evil laughters ~

8. lincolnmayer macrumors member

So what is the current value in the US for an apple iPad 3? I am interested in getting one when Apple releases it! Thanks!

9. SammyDFG macrumors member

will the new retina display and camera and chip increase the starting price of $499 for the ipad 3? what do you guys speculate? i think i'll buy a few ipad 3 myself to resell on ebay

10. briceman thread starter macrumors member

The starting price isn't what this thread is about.

11. VinceDae macrumors regular

Haha...

Its only the first editions of products that can sell for premium $ ... This iPad will come to europe within 14 days of the US release, - So yes, maybe 1-2 idiots are dumb enought to import some pads from the US, but many "hamsters" has the same idear as you, so good luck with that masterplan :p