Price hike at ETSY?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by jmmo20, Jun 5, 2015.

1. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

Hi all,

I've been browsing leather bands at etsy.com and I have found a few that I really love, but I've hold off until I actually receive my watch. And besides, I'm already expecting a leather and metal bands from monowear.

Anyways, one thing I have noticed in the last week is a massive price hike ??

A couple of weeks ago I could find straps with apple watch adapters for an average price of £30 to £40 ($45-$60) but today I checked again and most straps aren't below the £70 mark ($106). Including some from the same designers (e.g. Jonesintokyoleather, Pionier1956, BlackForestAtelier).

Has anyone notice this?

2. mhoepfin macrumors regular

3. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Did you buy any from Etsy? I caved and bought the White Sport Apple Watch today :D But I know that's not the band I want to wear every day. I'm considering this one. Assuming the price hike is due to demand. If it's a high quality band, $70 is still less than Apple bands (except sport) and gives you a look that doesn't look like everyone else's.

4. jmmo20 thread starter macrumors 65816

They aren't $70 for me but rather £70 which converts to almost $110 U.S. Dollars. That's roughly 60% of apples prices, and I'm not counting shipping.

I'm sorry but it's too much, free market or not :)

I know that if I pay apple £120 I know I can return it at any time. I can try instore. Etc.

5. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I get what you're saying. The one I linked is $79 and has good ratings. Assume for you it would be around £50 +
    Vat & shipping.

6. jmmo20 thread starter macrumors 65816

£54 :)

I like it but I think i´m holding up until I get my monowear strap.